Products & Services
What is Business Coaching about?
Coaching is about education, planning, and accountability, all with the objectives of the business owner front and center. It is about moving businesses through the various stages of growth with consistent increases in revenue, and improving profit.
While some of the fundamentals of business success are universal, individual businesses (like their owners) are unique, and require different approaches, tailored for their specific situations. With that in mind, we offer several different ways to get started with Business Coaching:
Full 1-1 Coaching Programs
As a Business Coach, Kent will provide expertise and coaching in several areas of your business, including Marketing, Sales, Operations, Systems, Human Resources and Leadership. Kent has worked with business owners to improve both team and financial performance. In fact 63% of the businesses that has coached in the past 24 months have doubled their revenue. Meeting with you on a regular basis, Kent will take you through an individualized program.
The first step in a coaching program is to clarify your Vision and Strategy. All business owners had objectives when they started down the road of entrepreneurism. Your Business Coach will help you reconnect with those goals, and more importantly, reignite the passion for your business.
The second step of a coaching program focuses on Stabilization & Cash-Flow Improvement. Your coach will take you through a series of planning tools and processes that will help you both analyse and understand not just the current financial state of your business, but what systems and process you have running in your business. Which ones are working well, others not so much, and which systems still need to be built.
Planning & Execution. This is where your coach will work with you to create a detailed plan with specific actions to take each week to achieve your objectives. Whether it is to enhance financial performance, improve team functionality, create a succession plan, change management, or any of a number of other issues. This program is designed to keep you focused and on track. Your coach can zero in on the distinct patterns, attitudes, and behaviours which need to change in order for you and your business to grow.
Block of Hours Program
Designed for clients who have decided to improve their business, however do not currently have the cash-flow to commit a monthly program, this option still provides business and personal development coaching, just at an entry-level investment. Although investing in a block of hours does not have the same level of accountability and long term focus of a Coaching Program, it does provide appropriate clients an effective tool to assist their business growth. Although the Action Block Program is extremely flexible, it is primarily used in four ways:
- This initial consultation is designed to expand on the ‘diagnostic’ process (that you will have just undertaken), and give you and your coach a clear understanding of your goals and what needs to be done to achieve them.
- These consultations will be to discuss your progress, set goals, and prioritise the actions that you need to take in order for you to be on the right path to achieving your goals. Consultations are conducted as often as possible over the phone, to ensure your investment of time is maximized.
- In addition to your consultations, your coach will be critiquing and/or helping you develop your marketing, systems, or team building material and documentation. This service is designed to ensure your advertising and promotional material has the greatest chance of success and continues to improve in its design and effect.
Supplier/Customer Consultation & Training
- If appropriate, your coach will also conduct consultations interviews or training for your team. Your coach may also act as a ‘mystery customer’, interacting with your sales team as a prospect, anonymously, to identify how they perform and interact with prospects and customers.
Mentor Club – Group Coaching
Designed for newer business owners, clients who prefer to receive their learning in a group environment, and those who feel more comfortable in a structured program, our Mentor Club is a combination of “Business 101” lessons and individual assistance with your unique business challenges. Think of it as a “learning while doing, practical application” course in small business success.
The curriculum covers 52 strategies that address the three primary objectives of revenue development, profit growth, and increasing time off. Throughout the course, you will learn actual (not theoretical) techniques, systems, strategies, and the steps to implement them in your real-world businesses.
In addition to the structured curriculum, the weekly meetings also provide regular accountability from coaches and peers, brainstorming sessions, group input, feedback, and support as you share successes and challenges you encounter in your business.
Accounting: Financial Clarity & Accountability
The objective here is to stabilize the record keeping and reporting for our clients to create a solid foundation to build the company on. Our team of Financial Experts have several services available. Some the most popular include:
Your Diagnostic Consultation
Every business owner has different challenges, budgets, resources, visions, skills and motivations levels. So, the first step is to find out exactly what you need with a diagnostic consultation.
This consultation is a one hour, one-on-one meeting with a member of the Nine Business Group team to show you:
- How to keep the creditors happy while keeping enough cash for yourself …
- How to encourage people to pay up a lot quicker …
- How to avoid loose ends …
- How to stay out of trouble with the government …
- How to keep the money flowing …
Your diagnostic consultation is at no charge, and there is no obligation….just ideas to make the financial side of your business run like a well-oiled machine. You can choose to implement the ideas yourself, or with our help and guidance.
System Set up and Training
If you decide to do your bookkeeping in-house but need some help to get started, then this is the solution for you. We come to your office, set up your accounting system and train you or your staff on your own company information. This way you kill two birds with the one stone: you learn how to use your new system while actually processing your own information. We tailor your chart of accounts to your specific needs, and this will make the training more “real,” and easier to understand.
This package gives you 3 hours on site and 1 hour phone, fax or email support after the training has been completed.
Monthly Service Package
When you decide you would like to spend more time doing the things that actually make you money, and more time with your family, then this option is for you.
The myth with a lot of business owners is that they can’t afford a bookkeeper and that they will save money if they do it themselves. The reality is that by doing your own bookkeeping you spend less time doing the things that actually make you money – like working, coming up with new business ideas, or taking time off to recharge.
We can do it all from our office with a special system that we’ve developed to minimize your time, or if you prefer, we can come to your office. This can be a weekly or monthly service and you choose whether you receive all or a combination of the following:
- Data entry of all your information
- Debtor Service
- Creditor Service
- Secretarial Service
- Reports for BAS completion
- Club membership service (Send out invoices for membership fees on behalf of clubs)
- Financial Reports
- Email, fax or phone support
Part Time CFO
You’re doing all the right things: A bookkeeper is updating your accounts regularly and you are getting the standard financial reports, but what do they all mean? To be able to make informed decisions that will benefit your business then you need to understand what all the numbers mean.
One of our team will come and:
- Give you easy to read management reports;
- Translate these reports for you, so you know exactly where your business is at;
- Show you a snapshot of your business with graphical representations; &
- Point out where you can cut back on current costs.
Once you know what story the numbers tell, then you are a in a position to make the best possible decisions for your business as you have all the pieces of the jigsaw.